Fiverr vs Legiit: An Honest Comparison for New Freelancers

When I first started exploring freelance work, Fiverr was the name everyone mentioned. It is huge, well-known, and full of opportunities. But I also kept hearing about a smaller platform called Legiit that promised lower fees and a more personal experience. I decided to test both for five weeks to see which one was more suitable for a new freelancer trying to land those first few clients. This is my honest comparison.

Freelancing is not easy, especially when you are starting from zero. You have no reviews, no reputation, and no proof that you can deliver. Both platforms claim to help new freelancers get started, but the reality is different on each one.

Key Takeaways From My 5-Week Comparison
  • I created profiles on both platforms and offered the same services.
  • Total earnings on Fiverr: around $85.00 from 4 orders.
  • Total earnings on Legiit: $0.00 from 0 orders.
  • Fiverr brought in organic traffic without much promotion.
  • Legiit required more active marketing to get any attention.
  • Both platforms are free to join.
  • This is additional income only. Results vary by service, pricing, and marketing effort.

Why I Wanted to Compare These Two Platforms

I had used Fiverr briefly in the past, but I never tested it seriously. Legiit was new to me, and I was curious about its claims of lower fees and better support. I wanted to see if a smaller platform could actually compete with the giant in the freelance space.

Another reason was the fee structure. Fiverr charges a 20% commission on every sale. Legiit charges a lower commission, which sounded appealing. But lower fees do not matter if you cannot get sales in the first place.

Signing Up and Setting Up Profiles

Fiverr had a simple signup process. I created an account, wrote a service description, set my pricing, and published my gig. The whole process took about an hour.

Legiit was also simple. I created an account, set up a service listing, and published it. The interface was clean but felt less polished than Fiverr.

My Week-by-Week Experience

Week 1: Setting Up and Waiting

My first week was mostly about creating profiles and waiting for orders. Fiverr gave me a slight boost in visibility because new gigs get some initial exposure. I received my first order on day four: a short article writing job that paid around $20.00.

On Legiit, I received no orders and very few views. The platform simply did not have the same level of organic traffic.

Weeks 2-3: More Orders on Fiverr

By week two, I had completed two more orders on Fiverr. One was a product description for around $15.00, and another was a social media post for around $10.00. I earned around $25.00 in week two.

In week three, I completed one more order for around $20.00. Fiverr's search algorithm seemed to favor my gig, and I received regular inquiries.

On Legiit, I still had no orders. I tried sharing my service on social media, but the response was minimal.

Weeks 4-5: Understanding the Differences

The final two weeks made the differences clear. Fiverr brought in consistent orders without much marketing. Legiit required active promotion, and even then, the results were minimal.

By the end of week five, I had earned around $85.00 on Fiverr and $0.00 on Legiit.

Fee Structure and Payment Processing

Criteria Fiverr Legiit
Commission on sales 20% 15%
Minimum payout $5 $10
Payment method PayPal, Bank Transfer PayPal
Processing time ~14 days after order ~7 days after order
Organic traffic High Low

Visibility and Getting Orders

This was the biggest difference. Fiverr has a massive marketplace with millions of buyers. My gig received organic views and orders without any promotion. Legiit has a much smaller marketplace. Without active marketing, my listing was invisible.

Comparing to Other Freelance Platforms

Criteria Fiverr Legiit Upwork Freelancer
Organic traffic High Low High Medium
Commission 20% 15% 5-20% 10%
Beginner-friendly High Medium Medium Medium
Competition High Low High High

If you want to see how Fiverr compares to other platforms, I have a detailed comparison of Upwork vs. Fiverr and another one covering Fiverr vs. Guru.

"Fiverr felt like a busy marketplace where buyers came to me. Legiit felt like a quiet shop where I had to go out and find customers. Both are established, but the traffic difference is massive."

What I Liked and What Frustrated Me

Fiverr Pros

  • Massive organic traffic.
  • Simple gig setup.
  • Buyer protection system.
  • Multiple payment options.
  • New gigs get initial visibility.

Fiverr Cons

  • High 20% commission.
  • Long payment processing time.
  • High competition in popular categories.
  • Strict rules and policies.
  • Buyers can be difficult.

Legiit Pros

  • Lower 15% commission.
  • Less competition.
  • Faster payment processing.
  • Personal support.
  • Growing platform.

Legiit Cons

  • Very low organic traffic.
  • Requires active marketing.
  • Fewer buyers.
  • Smaller marketplace.
  • Harder to get first order.

Who Should Choose Which Platform?

Choose Fiverr if:

  • You want organic traffic without marketing.
  • You are new to freelancing.
  • You are comfortable with a 20% commission.
  • You want a large pool of potential buyers.
  • You are looking for additional income that can grow.

Choose Legiit if:

  • You have your own audience or marketing channel.
  • You want lower fees.
  • You prefer less competition.
  • You are willing to promote your services actively.
  • You want faster payment processing.

My Honest Verdict

After five weeks of testing, I can say that Fiverr is the more suitable choice for new freelancers. The organic traffic makes a huge difference. Legiit is an established platform with lower fees, but without your own marketing, it is very difficult to get orders.

For a beginner, Fiverr provides the most suitable chance of landing those first few clients. Once you have a portfolio and some reviews, you can consider adding Legiit as a secondary platform.

Final Verdict

Fiverr: 8/10 | Legiit: 5.5/10

Fiverr is more suitable for new freelancers. Legiit has lower fees but lacks organic traffic. Both are established platforms, but Fiverr provides more opportunities for beginners. Results vary by service, pricing, and marketing effort.

If you want to explore other freelance platforms, I have a guide on websites for freelance work and another one covering PeoplePerHour vs. Fiverr.

Frequently Asked Questions

Which is better for new freelancers, Fiverr or Legiit?

Fiverr is more suitable for new freelancers because it has massive organic traffic. Legiit has lower fees but requires your own marketing to get orders.

Which platform has lower fees?

Legiit has lower fees at 15% commission compared to Fiverr's 20%. However, Fiverr's higher traffic often makes up for the difference.

Do both platforms pay through PayPal?

Yes. Both Fiverr and Legiit pay through PayPal. Fiverr also offers bank transfer options.

How long does it take to get your first order?

On Fiverr, I got my first order within four days. On Legiit, I did not receive any orders in five weeks without active promotion.

Can I use both platforms at the same time?

Yes. Many freelancers use multiple platforms to maximize their exposure and income.

Which platform has faster payment processing?

Legiit processes payments faster, usually within 7 days. Fiverr takes about 14 days after order completion.

Which platform is more beginner-friendly?

Fiverr is more beginner-friendly because new gigs get initial visibility. Legiit requires more active marketing to get started.

Results vary by person. What worked for me may not work for everyone. The income figures mentioned are estimates based on my personal experience and are not typical or guaranteed.

Disclosure: Some of the links in this article point to external websites and platforms (such as Fiverr, Legiit, and PayPal) for reference and convenience only. These are not affiliate links, and we do not receive any commission, payment, or compensation from them. We are not affiliated with or sponsored by these platforms. All external links are provided solely to help readers access the original sources easily, and the content of this article is purely educational.

Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on personal experience and research and is intended for educational and informational purposes only. It does not constitute financial, investment, business, career, tax, or professional advice. Individual results vary based on skills, effort, market conditions, and numerous other factors. Income figures and results described are real examples but are not guarantees of what any individual will achieve. Platform policies, pay rates, and terms may change without notice. Always conduct your own research and consult with a qualified professional before making any financial decisions.

About | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Contact