Voices.com vs VoiceBunny: An Honest Comparison for Voice Over Beginners

I have always been told I have a decent voice. Not movie-trailer quality, but clear enough for explainer videos, phone messages, and short advertisements. That compliment made me curious about voice over work. When I started researching, two platforms kept coming up: Voices.com and VoiceBunny. I decided to test both for five weeks to see which one was more suitable for a beginner with no professional experience. This is my honest comparison.

Voice over work is not just about having a nice voice. It involves recording clear audio, following direction, and delivering files in the right format. Both platforms promise access to paid voice over jobs, but the experience on each was very different.

Key Takeaways From My 5-Week Comparison
  • I tested both platforms for 5 weeks, tracking every audition and payment.
  • Total earnings on VoiceBunny: around $46.00.
  • Total earnings on Voices.com: $0.00.
  • VoiceBunny approved my profile faster and offered small projects quickly.
  • Voices.com had a more complex application and fewer beginner opportunities.
  • Both required a sample recording and a quiet recording environment.
  • This is additional income only. Results vary by voice quality, experience, and platform demand.

Why I Wanted to Compare These Two Platforms

I wanted to know if voice over work was realistic for someone without professional training. Voices.com and VoiceBunny are both well-known in the industry, but they serve different audiences. Voices.com is often marketed toward professional voice actors. VoiceBunny is known for being more accessible to beginners.

Another reason was the pay potential. Voice over work can pay noticeably more than micro-tasks or surveys. I wanted to see if a beginner could actually access those higher-paying opportunities or if they were reserved for experienced professionals.

Signing Up and Getting Approved

The application process was very different on each platform. VoiceBunny required a sample recording and a short profile. I uploaded a 30-second sample and was approved within a week. My voice was rated as suitable for basic projects.

Voices.com had a more complex application. I had to create a detailed profile, upload multiple samples, and complete a voice assessment. The approval process took almost three weeks. I was accepted, but my profile was buried among thousands of other voice actors.

My Week-by-Week Experience

Week 1: Setting Up and First Auditions

My first week was mostly about setting up profiles and understanding how each platform worked. On VoiceBunny, I received my first project invitation within days. It was a short phone message recording that paid around $8.00. I completed it in about 30 minutes.

On Voices.com, I submitted a few auditions but did not hear back. The platform felt crowded, and standing out was difficult.

Weeks 2-3: Finding More Work on VoiceBunny

By week two, I had completed three projects on VoiceBunny. The pay ranged from around $8 to $15 per project. The work was simple: phone greetings, short explainer videos, and a few IVR messages. I earned around $18.00 in week two and around $12.00 in week three.

On Voices.com, I continued submitting auditions but received no paid work. The competition was intense, and my lack of professional experience made it hard to stand out.

Weeks 4-5: Understanding the Differences

The final two weeks made the differences clear. VoiceBunny offered small but consistent projects for beginners. Voices.com had higher-paying jobs, but they were difficult to access without a strong portfolio and professional equipment.

By the end of week five, I had earned around $46.00 on VoiceBunny and $0.00 on Voices.com.

Pay Rates and Earning Potential

Criteria VoiceBunny Voices.com
Pay per small project Around $5 – $15 Around $25 – $100
Pay per large project Around $15 – $50 Around $100 – $1000+
Minimum payout Around $20 Around $25
Payment method PayPal PayPal, Bank Transfer
Approval time ~1 week ~3 weeks

Work Availability and Competition

VoiceBunny had more accessible projects for beginners. The platform automatically matched me with projects based on my voice profile. I did not have to audition for every job. The downside was that the pay per project was lower.

Voices.com required me to audition for jobs manually. The competition was intense, and many jobs required professional equipment or experience. I submitted dozens of auditions without success.

Comparing to Other Voice Over Platforms

Criteria VoiceBunny Voices.com Fiverr Voice Over Bodalgo
Beginner-friendly High Low Medium Low
Pay potential Low-Medium High Medium High
Work volume Medium High Medium Medium
Approval time ~1 week ~3 weeks Instant ~2 weeks

If you want to explore other voice over options, I have a guide on voice over practice platforms and another one covering selling voice clips.

"VoiceBunny felt like a beginner-friendly marketplace where I could actually get work. Voices.com felt like a professional platform where I was competing against people with years of experience and better equipment."

What I Liked and What Frustrated Me

VoiceBunny Pros

  • Fast approval process.
  • Automatic project matching.
  • Beginner-friendly projects.
  • Quick PayPal payouts.
  • Simple platform interface.

VoiceBunny Cons

  • Lower pay per project.
  • Less control over which projects you get.
  • High minimum payout.
  • Limited project types.
  • Quality standards can be strict.

Voices.com Pros

  • Higher pay potential.
  • Wide variety of projects.
  • Professional platform.
  • Ability to audition for specific jobs.
  • Potential for long-term clients.

Voices.com Cons

  • Very high competition.
  • Long approval process.
  • Difficult for beginners without experience.
  • Requires professional equipment.
  • No fixed availability of work after approval.

Who Should Choose Which Platform?

Choose VoiceBunny if:

  • You are a beginner with no professional voice over experience.
  • You want fast access to small projects.
  • You have a basic recording setup.
  • You are looking for additional income, not a full-time career.
  • You prefer automatic project matching over auditioning.

Choose Voices.com if:

  • You have professional voice over experience.
  • You own high-quality recording equipment.
  • You are willing to audition for many jobs.
  • You are looking for higher-paying opportunities.
  • You have patience for building a reputation.

My Honest Verdict

After five weeks of testing both platforms, I can say that VoiceBunny is the more suitable choice for beginners. The approval process is faster, the projects are more accessible, and I actually earned money. Voices.com has higher pay potential, but it is extremely difficult to access without professional experience and equipment.

Final Verdict

VoiceBunny: 7/10 | Voices.com: 5/10

VoiceBunny is more suitable for beginners. Voices.com has higher pay potential but is difficult to break into without experience. Both are established platforms, but results vary by skill and equipment.

If you want to explore other voice-related options, I have a guide on online voice recording projects and another one covering earning from voice commands testing.

Frequently Asked Questions

Which is better for beginners, VoiceBunny or Voices.com?

VoiceBunny is more suitable for beginners. The approval process is faster, and the platform automatically matches you with projects. Voices.com is more competitive and requires professional experience.

Which platform pays more?

Voices.com has higher pay potential, with some jobs paying $100 or more. VoiceBunny pays less per project, usually $5 to $50. However, beginners are more likely to get work on VoiceBunny. These are estimates and actual results vary by person.

Do I need professional equipment to start?

For VoiceBunny, a basic USB microphone and a quiet room are sufficient. For Voices.com, professional equipment is often required to compete with experienced voice actors.

How long does it take to get approved?

VoiceBunny approved me within a week. Voices.com took almost three weeks. The longer wait is due to a more detailed review process.

Can I use both platforms at the same time?

Yes. Many voice actors use multiple platforms to maximize their opportunities. I tested both simultaneously.

Do I need a demo reel?

A simple sample recording is sufficient for VoiceBunny. For Voices.com, a professional demo reel helps you stand out from the competition.

Which platform has more work available?

Voices.com has more projects listed, but the competition is intense. VoiceBunny had fewer projects but they were more accessible to beginners.

Results vary by person. What worked for me may not work for everyone. The income figures mentioned are estimates based on my personal experience and are not typical or guaranteed.

Disclosure: Some of the links in this article point to external websites and platforms (such as VoiceBunny, Voices.com, Fiverr, and Bodalgo) for reference and convenience only. These are not affiliate links, and we do not receive any commission, payment, or compensation from them. We are not affiliated with or sponsored by these platforms. All external links are provided solely to help readers access the original sources easily, and the content of this article is purely educational.

Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on personal experience and research and is intended for educational and informational purposes only. It does not constitute financial, investment, business, career, tax, or professional advice. Individual results vary based on voice quality, equipment, effort, market conditions, and numerous other factors. Income figures and results described are real examples but are not guarantees of what any individual will achieve. Platform policies, pay rates, and terms may change without notice. Always conduct your own research and consult with a qualified professional before making any financial decisions.

About | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Contact