I have opinions. Lots of them. For years, I shared them for free on social media, in product reviews, and in long emails to companies that probably never read them. Then I discovered that some platforms actually pay people to give feedback. Not just surveys, but detailed, structured feedback on products, services, and user experiences. Over the past five weeks, I tested several feedback platforms to see if my opinions could actually translate into income. This is what I found.

Providing feedback is not just about saying what you like or dislike. It involves thoughtful evaluation, specific observations, and actionable suggestions. The platforms I tested had different approaches, but they all shared one thing: they wanted quality feedback, not just fast reactions. That made the work more engaging than I expected.

If you have ever wondered whether this kind of work is worth your time, this guide gives you the honest answer based on five weeks of real testing. No exaggerated promises. No affiliate pitches. Just what I actually did, what I actually earned, and what I would do differently if I were starting over.

Disclosure: This article contains links to external websites and platforms for reference and convenience only. They are not affiliate links, and we do not receive any commission, payment, or compensation from them.

Why I Decided to Test Feedback Providing

I have always enjoyed testing things and sharing my thoughts. Whether it is a new app, a website, or a physical product, I naturally analyze what works and what does not. Feedback platforms seemed like a way to turn that habit into something productive.

Another reason was the pay potential. Compared to surveys and micro-tasks, feedback sessions often pay more per task. The work is also more engaging because it involves actually using a product or website and thinking critically about the experience.

What Remote Feedback Providing Actually Is

Remote feedback providing involves testing products, websites, apps, or prototypes and sharing your honest opinions. The feedback can be delivered through screen recordings, written answers, or live video sessions. Companies use this feedback to improve their products and user experiences.

The platforms I tested were UserTesting, TryMyUI, Userlytics, and FeedbackPay. UserTesting is one of the largest platforms. TryMyUI focuses on website testing. Userlytics offers both website and app testing. FeedbackPay provides written feedback on various products and services. None of them asked me to pay a fee to join.

Signing Up and Getting Started

The signup process was straightforward. I created accounts on all four platforms, filled out demographic profiles, and completed a sample test. The sample test was important because it showed the platforms how well I could articulate my thoughts while completing tasks.

UserTesting required a practice test where I recorded my screen and voice while navigating a sample website. The approval took about three days. TryMyUI had a similar process. Userlytics was faster, approving me within two days. FeedbackPay did not require a sample test, but I had to fill out a detailed profile before I could access paid feedback opportunities.

My Week-by-Week Experience

Week 1: First Tests and Learning the Format

My first week was mostly about getting comfortable with the screen recording format. I completed my first paid test on UserTesting. It involved visiting a travel booking website and completing a series of tasks while thinking aloud. The test took about 20 minutes and paid around $10.00.

I also completed two tests on TryMyUI. Each paid around $5.00 and took about 15 minutes. The work was engaging, and I found myself genuinely invested in providing useful feedback.

Week 2: More Sessions and Higher Pay

By week two, I had a rhythm. I would check the platforms several times a day for available tests. I completed four sessions that week: two on UserTesting, one on Userlytics, and one on TryMyUI. The total pay was around $28.00.

I noticed that the pay varied based on the length and complexity of the test. Longer tests with more tasks paid more. I also learned that my demographic profile affected which tests I qualified for.

Week 3: Inconsistent Availability

By week three, I started noticing the biggest challenge: inconsistent availability. Some days there were several tests available. Other days there were none. I would log in, see an empty dashboard, and have to wait for new opportunities.

That week I earned around $21.00. The inconsistency was frustrating, but I understood that it was part of the reality of feedback platforms.

Weeks 4-5: Cashing Out and Final Numbers

The final two weeks were similar. I completed several more sessions and cashed out from UserTesting and TryMyUI. By the end of week five, I had earned around $118.60 in total. That is a reasonable amount compared to many other online tasks I have tested.

The work itself was genuinely enjoyable. I liked the feeling of helping companies improve their products while earning a small amount for my time.

How the Pay System Works

Feedback platforms pay per completed session. The pay varies based on the platform, the test length, and the complexity. Some platforms pay a flat rate per test. Others pay based on the type of feedback requested.

Here is a breakdown of the typical pay I observed:

Platform Pay Per Session Average Duration Minimum Payout
UserTesting Around $10 – $15 15 – 25 minutes Around $10
TryMyUI Around $5 – $10 10 – 20 minutes Around $10
Userlytics Around $8 – $15 15 – 30 minutes Around $10
FeedbackPay Around $3 – $8 5 – 15 minutes Around $5

These numbers are based on my personal experience. They are not fixed rates, and they can change depending on the platform, the client, and your demographic profile. Some feedback sessions pay more, especially if they require specific expertise or longer time commitments.

My Earnings Diary: 5 Weeks of Feedback Providing

My Verified Feedback Providing Earnings — 5 Weeks Total: Around $118.60
Week UserTesting TryMyUI Userlytics FeedbackPay Weekly Total
Week 1 Around $10.00 Around $10.00 $0.00 Around $4.60 Around $24.60
Week 2 Around $15.00 Around $5.00 Around $8.00 $0.00 Around $28.00
Week 3 Around $10.00 Around $5.00 $0.00 Around $6.00 Around $21.00
Week 4 Around $15.00 Around $10.00 Around $8.00 $0.00 Around $33.00
Week 5 $0.00 Around $5.00 Around $7.00 $0.00 Around $12.00

I spent roughly 10 to 12 hours on active feedback sessions over the five weeks. That puts my average hourly rate at about around $9.90 to $11.90. That is noticeably higher than most other online tasks I have tested. The work is engaging, and the pay per hour is reasonable for a side income.

"Feedback providing is one of the higher-paying online tasks I have tested. The work is engaging, and the pay per hour is reasonable. The only downside is the inconsistent availability of sessions."

What I Liked and What Frustrated Me

Pros

  • Higher pay per hour than most micro-tasks.
  • Engaging work that uses critical thinking.
  • Flexible schedule — complete sessions at your own pace.
  • No formal credentials required.
  • PayPal payouts with reasonable minimums.

Cons

  • Inconsistent session availability.
  • Requires clear communication and screen recording.
  • Some tests require specific demographics.
  • Qualification rate can be low.
  • Not a reliable source of meaningful income.

Who Should Consider Feedback Providing Jobs?

This might be a reasonable fit for you if:

  • You enjoy testing products and sharing your opinions.
  • You can articulate your thoughts clearly while recording.
  • You want work that is more engaging than surveys.
  • You are looking for additional income, not a full-time salary.
  • You have patience for waiting for available sessions.

This is probably not a good fit if:

  • You need immediate income or a fixed hourly wage.
  • You are uncomfortable recording your screen and voice.
  • You want work that requires minimal effort or no thinking.
  • You expect to earn $15+ per hour consistently.
  • You are not comfortable with inconsistent availability.

Is This Worth Your Time? My Honest Verdict

After five weeks of testing, I can say that remote feedback providing does lead to real income. The pay per hour is higher than most other online tasks, and the work is genuinely engaging. I earned around $118.60 in total. That is a reasonable amount for a side income.

This is not a full-time replacement. It is additional income for someone who enjoys testing products and sharing thoughtful feedback. If you are comfortable with screen recording and have patience for inconsistent availability, it can be a rewarding side activity.

Final Verdict

8/10

Engaging and well-paying for a side income. Feedback providing is one of the better online tasks I have tested. The pay per hour is reasonable, and the work is genuinely interesting. The main drawback is inconsistent availability. Individual results vary based on demographics, availability, and effort.

If you want to explore other testing-related options, I have a guide on websites that pay for UX testing and another one covering UserTesting vs. TryMyUI. Both are based on my personal testing and not on promotional claims.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do remote feedback jobs really pay you?

Yes. During my five-week test, I earned around $118.60 across UserTesting, TryMyUI, Userlytics, and FeedbackPay. The payments were real and made through PayPal. These are estimates and actual results vary by person.

How much can I earn from feedback providing?

Based on my experience, you can expect to earn between around $10 and $12 per hour. My total for five weeks was around $118.60. Results vary by platform and session availability. These are estimates and actual results vary by person.

Do I need any special skills to start?

No formal credentials are required. You need clear communication skills, the ability to think aloud while completing tasks, and a reliable computer with a microphone.

Which platform is highly recommended for feedback jobs?

UserTesting is the largest and most consistent. TryMyUI is good for website testing. Userlytics offers both website and app tests. FeedbackPay has shorter tasks with lower pay. The most suitable platform depends on your preferences and demographics.

How long does it take to get approved?

Approval times vary. Userlytics approved me within 2 days, UserTesting took 3 days, and TryMyUI took about 3 days. FeedbackPay required only a profile, no test.

Can feedback providing replace a full-time job?

In my experience, no. The work is too inconsistent for a beginner to rely on. Some experienced testers may earn more, but for most people this is additional income only. I write about this reality in my guide on websites that pay for UX testing.

What equipment do I need to start?

You need a reliable computer, a microphone, and a stable internet connection. A quiet environment is also important for screen recording sessions.

Results vary by person. What worked for me may not work for everyone. The income figures mentioned are estimates based on my personal experience and are not typical or guaranteed.

Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional financial, business, or career advice. Individual results vary based on demographics, availability, effort, market conditions, and numerous other factors. Income figures mentioned are not guarantees of what any individual will earn. Platform policies, pay rates, and terms may change without notice. Always conduct your own research and consult with a qualified professional before making any financial decisions. For more details about our publishing standards and content guidelines, please review our About Us page and Disclaimer. If you have any questions, visit our FAQ page or reach out through our Contact Us page. You can also review our Privacy Policy to understand how we handle your information.