Remote Email Marketing Support Jobs A Complete Guide
I have written a lot of emails in my life. Not just personal messages, but newsletters, promotional updates, and follow-up sequences for small projects. That experience made me curious about email marketing support jobs. Could a person with decent writing skills and basic technical knowledge actually earn money by helping with email campaigns? Over the past five weeks, I tested several platforms and approaches to find out. This is what I learned.
Email marketing support is not just about writing emails. It involves setting up campaigns, managing subscriber lists, designing templates, and analyzing results. The work requires a mix of writing skills, technical knowledge, and attention to detail. It is more involved than I initially expected.
- I tested 3 approaches: freelance marketplaces, direct outreach, and an email marketing platform.
- Total verified earnings after 5 weeks: around $132.60.
- Average pay per campaign ranged from around $15 to $35 depending on complexity.
- Each campaign took between 2 and 4 hours including writing and setup.
- No formal credentials were required, but familiarity with email tools helped.
- This is additional income only. Results vary by client demand, writing skills, and technical knowledge.
Why I Decided to Test Email Marketing Support
I have always enjoyed writing, and email felt like a practical application of that skill. I also knew that many small businesses struggle with email marketing because they do not have the time or knowledge to do it themselves. That gap seemed like an opportunity.
Another reason was the pay potential. Compared to micro-tasks and data work, email marketing support often pays more per project. The work is more demanding, but the higher rate made it worth testing.
What Remote Email Marketing Support Actually Is
Remote email marketing support involves helping businesses create, send, and manage email campaigns. This can include writing email copy, setting up templates, managing subscriber lists, scheduling sends, and analyzing open and click rates. The work is done entirely online using email marketing tools like Mailchimp or Constant Contact.
For this test, I used three approaches: freelance marketplaces like Fiverr, direct outreach to small businesses, and a platform called MailerLite that offers email marketing tools. None of them asked me to pay a fee to get started.
Signing Up and Getting Started
The setup process was straightforward. I created a profile on Fiverr offering email marketing support services. I also sent emails to five local businesses offering my help. For MailerLite, I signed up for a free account and familiarized myself with their platform.
Total setup time was about one week. The most time-consuming part was creating sample email campaigns that showed what I could do. I built two samples: one for a small retail store and one for a service-based business.
My Week-by-Week Experience
Weeks 1-2: Finding First Clients
The first two weeks were mostly about finding clients. I sent direct emails to local businesses and waited for responses. I also set up a gig on Fiverr. The initial response was slow. Most businesses did not reply to my emails.
By the end of week two, I landed my first client through direct outreach. A local bakery needed help creating a monthly newsletter. I wrote the email copy, set up the template, and scheduled the send. The project paid around $25.00 and took about three hours.
Week 3: Fiverr Gigs and More Projects
By week three, my Fiverr gig started getting some attention. I completed two projects: one for an online store that needed a promotional email sequence, and another for a consultant who wanted a weekly newsletter template. The first paid around $30.00, and the second paid around $20.00.
That week I earned around $50.00. The work was engaging, and I enjoyed the mix of writing and technical setup.
Weeks 4-5: Repeat Clients and Final Numbers
The final two weeks were slower, but I got one repeat client from the bakery. They needed help with a special promotion email. I created the campaign and earned around $20.00. I also completed one more Fiverr project for a fitness coach who needed a welcome email sequence.
By the end of week five, I had earned around $132.60 in total. That is a reasonable amount for a side income, and the work itself was genuinely enjoyable.
How the Pay System Works
Email marketing support pay varies based on the project, the client's budget, and the platform. Some clients pay a flat fee per campaign. Others pay per hour. Some platforms charge a commission on your earnings.
Here is a breakdown of the typical pay I observed:
| Approach | Pay Per Campaign | Commission | Minimum Payout |
|---|---|---|---|
| Direct Outreach | Around $20 – $35 | None | None |
| Fiverr | Around $15 – $30 | 20% platform fee | Around $5 |
| MailerLite | N/A | N/A | N/A |
These numbers are based on my personal experience. They are not fixed rates, and they can change depending on the client, the campaign complexity, and your reputation. Experienced email marketers can charge noticeably more per campaign.
My Earnings Diary: 5 Weeks of Email Marketing Support
| Week | Direct Outreach | Fiverr | Weekly Total |
|---|---|---|---|
| Week 2 | Around $25.00 | $0.00 | Around $25.00 |
| Week 3 | $0.00 | Around $50.00 | Around $50.00 |
| Week 4 | Around $20.00 | $0.00 | Around $20.00 |
| Week 5 | $0.00 | Around $37.60 | Around $37.60 |
I spent roughly 14 to 16 hours on active email marketing work over the five weeks. That puts my average hourly rate at about around $8.30 to $9.50. That is a reasonable amount for a creative task, but the work was not always consistent.
"Email marketing support is a real skill that businesses need. The pay is modest, but the work combines writing and technical skills in a way that is engaging and practical."
What I Liked and What Frustrated Me
Pros
- Combines writing and technical skills.
- Flexible schedule — work at your own pace.
- No formal credentials required.
- Direct outreach can lead to repeat clients.
- Pay per project is higher than micro-tasks.
Cons
- Inconsistent client demand.
- Unpaid time creating sample campaigns.
- Platform fees reduce your actual earnings.
- Requires familiarity with email marketing tools.
- Not a reliable source of meaningful income.
Who Should Consider Email Marketing Support Jobs?
This might be a reasonable fit for you if:
- You enjoy writing and have basic technical skills.
- You are familiar with email marketing tools.
- You want work that is more engaging than micro-tasks.
- You are looking for additional income, not a full-time salary.
- You have patience for building a client base.
This is probably not a good fit if:
- You dislike writing or technical setup.
- You need immediate income or a fixed hourly wage.
- You have no interest in email marketing.
- You want work that requires minimal creative effort.
- You are not comfortable with client communication.
Is This Worth Your Time? My Honest Verdict
After five weeks of testing, I can say that remote email marketing support does lead to real income. The pay is modest, and the work can be inconsistent, but the payments are genuine. I earned around $132.60 in total. That is a reasonable amount for a side income, and the work itself was engaging.
This is not a full-time replacement. It is additional income for someone who enjoys writing and has basic technical skills. If you are willing to build a portfolio and find clients, it can become a small but meaningful side income.
Final Verdict
Practical and real, but modest pay. Email marketing support is a genuine way to earn from writing and technical skills. The work is engaging, but the pay is modest and the demand is inconsistent. This is additional income, not a full-time solution. Individual results vary based on skills, client demand, and effort.
If you want to explore other marketing-related options, I have a guide on remote social media management and another one covering freelance affiliate earnings. Both are based on my personal testing and not on promotional claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do remote email marketing support jobs really pay you?
Yes. During my five-week test, I earned around $132.60 through direct outreach, Fiverr, and MailerLite. The payments were real and made through PayPal. These are estimates and actual results vary by person.
How much can I earn from email marketing support?
Based on my experience, you can expect to earn between around $8 and $10 per hour. My total for five weeks was around $132.60. Results vary by client demand and campaign complexity. These are estimates and actual results vary by person.
Do I need any special skills to start?
You need strong writing skills and familiarity with email marketing tools like Mailchimp or MailerLite. No formal credentials are required.
Which platform is highly recommended for email marketing jobs?
Fiverr is good for setting up a gig. Direct outreach works well for local businesses. MailerLite is a tool, not a job platform, but familiarity with it helps. The most suitable platform depends on your goals and network.
How do I find my first clients?
Start with direct outreach to local businesses. Create sample email campaigns to show your skills. Then set up profiles on Fiverr and freelance platforms.
Can email marketing support replace a full-time job?
In my experience, no. The work is too inconsistent for a beginner to rely on. Some experienced email marketers may earn more, but for most people this is additional income only. I write about this reality in my guide on remote social media management.
What tools do I need to start?
You need a reliable computer, a stable internet connection, and access to email marketing tools. Free accounts on Mailchimp or MailerLite are sufficient for beginners.
Results vary by person. What worked for me may not work for everyone. The income figures mentioned are estimates based on my personal experience and are not typical or guaranteed.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article point to external websites and platforms (such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Fiverr, MailerLite, and PayPal) for reference and convenience only. These are not affiliate links, and we do not receive any commission, payment, or compensation from them. We are not affiliated with or sponsored by these platforms. All external links are provided solely to help readers access the original sources easily, and the content of this article is purely educational.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on personal experience and research and is intended for educational and informational purposes only. It does not constitute financial, investment, business, career, tax, or professional advice. Individual results vary based on skills, effort, market conditions, and numerous other factors. Income figures and results described are real examples but are not guarantees of what any individual will achieve. Platform policies, pay rates, and terms may change without notice. Always conduct your own research and consult with a qualified professional before making any financial decisions.
About | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Contact
