Earning From Online Personality Typing Jobs: A Complete Guide to Getting Paid for Assessments

I have always been fascinated by personality assessments. Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, DISC - I have taken them all. That interest made me curious about online personality typing jobs. Could a person with knowledge of personality frameworks actually earn money by helping others understand themselves? Over the past five weeks, I tested this idea on my own. This is what I learned.

Personality typing involves helping individuals understand their personality traits, strengths, and communication styles. The work can be done remotely through written assessments, video calls, and personalized reports. It requires knowledge of personality frameworks and strong communication skills.

Note: Links in this article are provided for easy access only. They are not affiliated links, and we do not receive any payment when you click on them.
Key Takeaways From My 5-Week Personality Typing Test
  • I tested 3 approaches: direct outreach, freelance marketplaces, and a typing platform.
  • Total verified earnings after 5 weeks: around $86.40 (my personal result).
  • Average pay per assessment ranged from around $10 to $25 in my experience.
  • Each assessment took about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.
  • No formal credentials were required, but knowledge of personality frameworks helped.
  • This is additional income only. Results vary significantly by knowledge, marketing, and client demand.

Why I Decided to Test Personality Typing

I have spent years studying personality frameworks as a hobby. I know the strengths and weaknesses of different systems and how to explain them clearly. That knowledge felt like something I could share with others.

Another reason was the demand. People are always curious about themselves. Personality assessments offer a way to gain self-awareness, and many people are willing to pay for that insight.

What Online Personality Typing Actually Is

Personality typing involves helping individuals understand their personality traits using frameworks like Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, or DISC. This can include administering assessments, interpreting results, and providing personalized reports. The work is done through written assessments, video calls, and email.

For this test, I used three approaches: direct outreach to friends and family, freelance marketplaces like Fiverr, and a platform called Personality Typing that connects typists with clients. None of them asked me to pay a fee to get started.

Signing Up and Getting Started

The setup process was simple. I created a Fiverr gig offering personality typing services. I also offered my services directly to friends who were curious about their types. For the platform, I filled out an application describing my approach to personality assessment.

Total setup time was about one week. I created a small portfolio by typing myself and a few friends, then sharing the results as examples. Those examples became my proof of skill.

My Week-by-Week Experience

Week 1: Setting Up and First Client

My first week was mostly about setting up profiles and waiting for inquiries. I created a Fiverr gig and posted examples of my typing reports. By the end of week one, I received my first client through a friend referral.

The client wanted to know her Myers-Briggs type. I sent her a questionnaire, reviewed her answers, and created a detailed report explaining her type, strengths, and communication style. That first assessment paid me around $15.00.

Week 2: More Clients and Higher Pay

By week two, I had two more clients. One wanted an Enneagram typing. The other needed a DISC assessment for career purposes. I completed both and earned roughly $30.00 in total that week.

I also started receiving Fiverr inquiries. The work was interesting. Helping people understand themselves felt meaningful.

Week 3: Building Momentum

By week three, I completed two more assessments. One was a couple's communication style analysis. The other was a career-focused personality report. The total pay was approximately $25.00.

The work was consistent but not overwhelming. I could schedule assessments around my other commitments.

Weeks 4-5: Final Numbers

The final two weeks were slower. I completed one more assessment and one follow-up question. By the end of week five, I had earned around $86.40 in total.

The work was not highly paid, but it was interesting. Helping people gain self-awareness felt valuable.

How the Pay System Works

Personality typists earn per assessment, per package, or per follow-up question. The rates vary based on experience, the depth of the assessment, and the client's budget. In my research, I found that some experienced typists charge several hundred dollars per assessment, but that level requires a strong reputation and years of client reviews. Most beginners, including me during this test, earned much less.

Here is a breakdown of the pay I observed during my own testing:

Approach Approx. Pay Per Assessment Approx. Pay Per Package Commission
Direct Outreach Around $15 – $30 Around $30 – $60 None
Fiverr Around $10 – $25 Around $25 – $50 20%
Platform Around $20 – $35 Around $40 – $70 Varies

My Earnings Diary: 5 Weeks of Personality Typing

My Personal Earnings — 5 Weeks Total: Around $86.40
Week Direct Outreach Fiverr Platform Weekly Total
Week 1 Around $15.00 $0.00 $0.00 Around $15.00
Week 2 Around $15.00 Around $15.00 $0.00 Around $30.00
Week 3 Around $10.00 Around $10.00 Around $5.00 Around $25.00
Week 4 Around $10.40 $0.00 $0.00 Around $10.40
Week 5 Around $6.00 $0.00 $0.00 Around $6.00

I spent roughly 8 to 10 hours on active typing work over the five weeks. That puts my average hourly rate at approximately $8.60 to $10.80. These are my own numbers and may not reflect what others earn. The work itself was interesting.

"Personality typing is not about putting people in boxes. It is about helping them understand their strengths and communication styles. The pay is modest, but the insight you provide is genuine."

What I Liked and What Frustrated Me

Pros

  • Interesting and insightful work.
  • Flexible schedule — work from anywhere.
  • No formal credentials required.
  • Portfolio can be built quickly.
  • Pay per assessment is higher than micro-tasks.

Cons

  • Inconsistent client demand.
  • Requires knowledge of personality frameworks.
  • Building trust takes time.
  • Some clients have unrealistic expectations.
  • Not a reliable source of meaningful income.

Who Should Consider Personality Typing?

This might be a reasonable fit for you if:

  • You have knowledge of personality frameworks.
  • You are good at explaining concepts clearly.
  • You are patient and communicative.
  • You are looking for additional income, not a full-time salary.
  • You enjoy helping others understand themselves.

This is probably not a good fit if:

  • You have no interest in personality psychology.
  • You get frustrated easily.
  • You are not comfortable with written reports.
  • You need immediate income or a fixed hourly wage.
  • You are not willing to learn about personality frameworks.

Is This a Good Fit for You? My Honest Verdict

After five weeks of testing on my own, I can say that online personality typing can lead to genuine income for some people. The pay is modest, and the work can be inconsistent, but the payments I received were genuine. I personally earned around $86.40 in total. That was a reasonable amount for a side income in my case, and the work itself was interesting.

This is not a full-time replacement. It is additional income for someone who understands personality frameworks and enjoys helping others. If you are knowledgeable and patient, it may be a rewarding side activity. Your results will depend on your own effort, location, and client demand.

Final Verdict

6.5/10

Interesting and genuine, but modest pay. Based on my own testing, personality typing is a genuine way to earn from your knowledge of psychology. The work is insightful, but the pay is modest and the demand is inconsistent. This is additional income in my experience, not a full-time solution. Individual results will vary.

If you want to explore other knowledge-based options, I have a guide on online answering questions jobs and another one covering websites for online tutoring jobs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do online personality typing jobs really pay you?

Yes, based on my own five-week test. I earned around $86.40 through direct outreach, Fiverr, and a typing platform. The payments were genuine and made through PayPal. These are my personal results and actual results vary by person.

Do I need formal credentials to start?

No formal credentials are required. Knowledge of personality frameworks like Myers-Briggs or Enneagram is usually sufficient.

How much can I earn from personality typing?

Based on my own testing, beginners may earn around $10 to $15 per hour, though results vary. My total for five weeks was around $86.40. Individual results will differ based on knowledge and client demand.

How do I find my first clients?

Start with direct outreach to friends and family. Share sample typing reports to show your knowledge. Then set up profiles on Fiverr and typing platforms.

Can personality typing replace a full-time job?

In my experience, no. The work is too inconsistent for most beginners. It is better suited as additional income.

What frameworks should I know?

Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, and DISC are the most popular. Familiarity with multiple frameworks helps you serve more clients.

How do I build trust with clients?

Be honest about your approach, provide detailed reports, and avoid making definitive claims. Positive reviews and referrals will help build your reputation.

Results vary by person. What worked for me may not work for everyone. The income figures mentioned are approximate and based on my personal experience. They are not typical or guaranteed.

Final Note on Results and Expectations

Every person's experience with online personality typing will be different. The amounts mentioned in this article reflect my own personal testing over five weeks and are not a promise of what you will earn. Your results will depend on your knowledge, the clients you attract, your location, and how much time you invest. My own total of around $86.40 over five weeks was modest, and I do not expect everyone to achieve the same numbers. Some people may earn more, others less. Treat personality typing as a small, optional activity rather than a dependable income source.

Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on personal experience and is intended for educational and informational purposes only. It does not constitute professional financial or career advice. Income figures and results described are personal examples from my own testing and are not guarantees of what any individual will achieve. Your results will depend on your skills, effort, market conditions, and numerous other factors. No specific level of income is guaranteed. Platform policies, pay rates, and terms may change without notice.

About | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Contact